So you want to be a contributing writer? We couldn’t be more excited.
A little bit about us:
It’s all in the name. We’re all about bringing a positive experience to life, on the daily. Whether it’s relationships, health, or just doing life, we want to lift others up to experience the best life they can live. Epically inspirational quotes, guidelines to living up to full potential, and heartfelt personal stories – these are the things that get us excited. Sound like you? Let’s get started.
What we’re looking for:
- Take a look around. Go ahead and familiarize yourself with one or two articles already on the site to get a better feel for the type of topic and writing style we think our readers most appreciate.
- Keep your audience in mind. The goal is to help others in this great big world around you. Your words can help others grow, and we think that’s pretty cool that you can have an impact.
- The ability to be proud of what you’ve written. You’ve put your best foot forward, and you think your work is pretty top notch – because top notch is what we’re looking for.
- Speaking of top notch – technical proficiency is a huge must. Flawless grammar and spelling and clear, organized posts? Yes, please.
- That you have a genuinely enjoyable experience in writing your work.
- Consider a category for the post you’d like to write: Home, Life, Business, Happiness, Uplifting, Relationships, Faith, Pets, Health & Nutrition. Yes, some of these categories can be cross-applied, but stick to one for your post.
- Type away and get creative. Most posts are in the range of 500 words; you’ll want to have a cohesive post with a creative title and consistent voice.
- Include an author bio in your e-mail. These are about 2-3 sentences and can include anywhere from your favorite hobbies to the name of your cat.
- Submit your post via the form below.
- We’ll let you know in one to two weeks if we loved your piece or if it wasn’t right for us at the moment.
- After some fine tuning, we’ll let you know when your post goes live onto the site.
Before submitting to our site, please read through the common mistakes freelance writers make when submitting to publishers. You can find the post here.
Guest Post Submission Form
Address any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I submit articles I’ve already written?
Unfortunately, we don’t encourage double dipping. We want our site content to be unique, just like you.
Where does my name go?
Put your name in the top left corner of the Google Doc kind of like you did when you were writing a high school paper. If accepted, your name will be at the bottom of the post and on the post preview on the website (you can check one of our already published articles for some nifty examples.)
Where does my author byline go?
If your post is accepted, then we’ll go ahead and ask you to write a brief two to three sentences about yourself. It will go at the end of the post.
Can I submit article ideas?
PLEASE don’t send over only ideas for your articles. We get e-mails every day asking if a topic would be potentially viable. We can’t tell you until we see how well you execute the idea. Ideas are great, but not what we’re looking for. If you’ve got bullet points of potential article titles, write those articles out. Those are what we want to see.
Will I be paid?
We don’t currently pay for posts except in views and smiles.